Sunday, July 13, 2008
CONTEST: WIN YOUR FIVE MINUTES OF FOLK ART FAME
So we are going to Cadillac Ranch Monday night or Tuesday morning. This is the place where some guy from Texas decided to sick 10 Cadillacs in the ground with their rear-ends sticking up in the air. This is in the middle of a pasture off I40 (part of route 66). Visitors are welcomed and encouraged to leave their mark in spray paint on the cars.
Since this is a musical journey Scott has chosen 5 quotes from well known “travel songs”. The person who gets the most correct gets their name (or favorite phrase) spray painted on one of the Cadillacs.
No cheating, no googling, just search the back of your memories and post it here.
1 point for song title
1 point for artist
Here You Go:
1) “Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup”
2) “Take it hip to hip rocking through the wilderness”
3) “Well I went to bed in Memphis And I woke up in Hollywood”
4) “Shoe the children with no shoes on their feet”
5) “We’ll have time for coffee flavored kisses and a bit of conversation”